Short Term Stay - Assisted Living
Temporary Help Too …
The Birches also offers a short stay program, known as the Passages program, which is designed to help you or your loved one “when home is not yet a safe option.” The goal of the program is to help you navigate through a challenging time or experience in your life by providing around the clock care and support on a temporary basis. A passage is a process of moving from one place to another and can sometimes be risky. This Birches program can help with making a smooth passage. Some of the ways people have used or could use the Passages program are:
- between post-surgery rehab at a nursing home and going home
- after a hospitalization where going to a nursing home is not necessary but arrangements need to be made to make living at home possible
- when a caregiver-spouse becomes ill or disabled or needs hospitalization and other arrangements have yet to be made
- after an emergency room visit where being admitted to the hospital is not needed but being at home is not yet safe
- when someone has a temporary illness or setback and family members are out of town
- when a hospital discharges someone but wants to avoid a ‘bounce-back readmission’ due to likely non-compliance with medication orders or other discharge orders
Passages stays are in furnished suites. There is minimal paperwork. In some situations, the care may be planned and managed by the nurses from our local home health partners with 24 hour support from Birches staff.
Short stay members are offered all of the same benefits as our long-term residents including help managing complicated medication routines, daily meals, standby assistance with bathing, dressing, and grooming, and assistance for those who have experienced cognitive changes and loss of mental acuity.
If you are in search of assisted living care in a secure, cozy, family-like atmosphere where you can live as independent a lifestyle as possible, then call us today and find out why The Birches is What You’ve Been Looking For...