It's about enhancing the quality of life of our residents...
We'd like to invite you to The Birches Assisted Living to share some of your talents and skills with our residents. We're always here and we're flexible, so whether you'd like to come once a week or monthly, we welcome your visit any time. Come alone, bring a friend or two, or volunteer as a family. There's lots of fun to be had and good memories to share with our residents.
...It's about enhancing the quality of your life by doing good for others.
Some Volunteer Ideas:
- Getting to know our residents and their stories; One on One visits
- Scrabble Night (every Tuesday 6-8 p.m.)
- Lifestyle Reviews and Mobility Reviews
- Play Games
- Children Visits
- Flower Arranging Club (every Tuesday 3pm)
- Art Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Help with Happy Hours (DJs or dance with residents)
- Bring your pet in for a visit
- Do you play any instruments?
- Residents helping children with their reading or writing
- Help decorate for holidays/parties
- Join us on outings
- Assist with serving meals
- Writing letters with residents
- Teaching our residents how to use technology (email, youtube, iPad, apps, etc)
- Help create a memory journal (we have a guided journal to help)
- Walking or exercising
- Religious Services (Rosary, Prayer Groups, etc.)
...and much much more!!
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION (pdf)
For more information, please email at email@example.com or call our front desk at 630-789-1135!