Issues related to memory loss and dementia require special attention and treatment.
At The Birches, we offer memory care services designed to support and uplift residents. Older adults can face many issues related to Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. A special approach to caring for them is crucial. The right approach can improve their quality of life and make each day more enjoyable.
We’re committed to providing a safe, enriching environment for our residents. Our approach to memory care centers on:
- An environment designed to mitigate the anxiety and stress that often comes with memory loss and generally meet their needs.
- Specially trained team members who regularly exceed regulatory minimum requirements for such training.
- Daily living services (ADL), like personal hygiene care and safety monitoring, that help residents enjoy their time in the community.
- Additional and focused attention on the long-term care needs of residents.
- That includes everything from daily wellness checks in resident apartments to ensure safety to regularly scheduled wellness checks and mobility assessments.
- Personalized service and comprehensive wellness plans developed for each resident to address needs and identify goals to work toward.
- Medication management by a licensed nurse.
- A nutrition program developed for each resident.
- Regular housekeeping visits.
- An onsite beauty shop and barber shop.
- Laundry services.
- Partnerships with outside providers, from doctors to chaplains and dieticians.
- State-of-the-art security and safety measures, including the Vigil Dementia System.
- From our low staff turnover rate to the consistently positive review we receive from residents and their families, we’re proud of our thriving senior living community.